Good house hold
For all digital computer devices (PC, laptop, MacBook, Android etc.) the same rules apply.
- Use security software: firewall and anti-malware (Anti-Virus, Ani-Spam).
- Use legal software.
- Keep your system and software up to date.
- Never install additional or 3rd party software.
- Only click on links in e-mails that ask to log in to a website, when you expect that e-mail.
- Don’t trust e-mails you don’t expect.
- Look twice before downloading files or opening e-mail attachments.
- Use different passwords per site and use a secure password tool to organize this.
- Use the “Advanced” setup allways when installing software.
- Don’t install browser toolbars and apps you do not need.
Make sure you have a good backup of your data.
Read next: how to proceed.